Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Again

I just returned from RWA National in Washington DC. As always, I look forward to going but, by Saturday night after the RITA Awards, I was ready to go home. I missed my guys, my bed, my kitty girls and my regular writing routine.

After National, I always return recharged and ready to write, which I was...until I got the email Sunday morning as we were leaving that our youngest cat Blue was MIA. Had been since Saturday. Upset, I decided I can't leave my family at home alone for more than two days. Something always happens. Son No. 2 falls off his bike and gets torn up. The checkbook mysteriously disappears. Cell phones get lost and kitties go walkabout.

Blue returned this morning, tired, hungry and generally pitiful. But she's home.

And now I can write. After speaking to my agent, I've got some ideas to implement, a synopsis to revise and a proposal to work on. I hope to finish my next EC story this week. I've been dying to get back to Kyle and Tam. I left them apart and miserable. Time to make them inseparable and deliriously happy.
My paranormal research workshop with Alesia Holliday and Melissa Mayhue seemed to go really well. Big sigh of relief there. I met some great booksellers (Hi Charnell!) and librarians, made some new writer friends (Hi Laura Morrigan!) and got to dress like a girl all week. And I saw the pandas at the National Zoo!

I've got a bag of books that should keep me going for the rest of the year. Or until the new Sherrilyn Kenyon book releases in two weeks.

Back to work.

2 comments:

Sierra Donovan said...

Stephanie,

So glad your kitty turned up! Mine did the same thing when I was out of town two summers ago. I'd like to say she missed me and was searching for me, but nah ... Dad just left the patio door open a fraction too long and she decided it was time to explore. Turned up after a day and a half, all nonchalant, and the kids grabbed her.

So envious of your RWA experience! But I do remember last year, after the RITAs, people were walking much slower and looked REALLY tired of being in high heels.

~Sia McKye~ said...

I had to look twice to make out it was a panda, lol!

I so wish I could have been there. But it was fun getting reports from you and Judi.

It's fun to be out, dress like a girl, and be on and charged but oh lord, there comes a time, I just want home, my guys, and my fur babies. And peace and quiet to process.

Glad Blue made it home.