Saturday, December 4, 2010

21 Days Before Christmas...

PRINCE JOE by Suzanne Brockmann

This was not the first Suzanne Brockmann book I read. That award goes to EVERYDAY, AVERAGE JONES, which I devoured in a couple of hours and which made me rabidly search for anything else Suzanne Brockmann had written. And since I'm really anal about series, I had to collect the first three books in the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series.

I found PRINCE JOE  in a used book store that specialized in romance, particularly series romance, and so began my love affair with Suzanne Brockmann. I had never read military romance before Brockmann so for me, this is where it all begins.

The book is pure series romance in the the best sense. Hot, hunky, military hero falls for smart, classy heroine in the most unbelievable circumstances but Brockmann made it work. Joe was not only gorgeous but the guy was freaking nice. Alpha but not an asshole. A true gentleman. This book still lives on my bedside bookcase (I don't have a bedside table. It wouldn't hold enough books.) along with my other keepers and the TBR pile. I don't think it will ever leave its place of honor.

Joe is the template for Brockmann's Sam Starrett in her Troubleshooters series, another great military hero who I adore, but Joe still comes first in my heart. Followed by Blue McCoy from FOREVER BLUE, and Frisco from FRISCO'S KID and, well I could go on but let's just suffice to say that if you love military heroes and haven't read this series, you're doing yourself a disservice by not tracking this one down.


I'm waiting for Brockmann to return to this series. There are a few characters still hanging in the breeze. And when she does, I'll be there.

No comments: