Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best of 2010

I read a lot of books this year, a lot of good books. And since I can't pick just one as my favorite, I'm not going to. I'm just going to talk about the ones that really stood out.



THE IRON DUKE by Meljean Brook
Wow, this book amazed me. The world-building. The love story. The hero, the heroine. It all worked. I loved Rhys, mostly because he loved Mina so well. Meljean Brook is too freaking clever, and that's the best compliment I can give.

ENTICE ME AT TWILIGHT by Shayla Black
Probably my favorite, so far, of the Doomsday Brethren series. Black's writing is hot, her plots are interesting and her pacing fast as hell. Gotta love that.

LOVER MINE by JR Ward
John Michael and Xhex. Quinn and Blay. Black Dagger Brotherhood. Whoa, hot flash. I think I need to go back and read that again.

PLAY OF PASSION by Nalini Singh.
I adore Singh's books. Her world is intricate and demanding, her characters are hotter than hell and she just gets better.

TURN COAT by Jim Butcher
I love Harry Dresden. He's such a fully formed character that when I read the book, I hear Harry in my head. Butcher is so damn good, I wanna fall at his feet and beg forgiveness for not being worthy.

BACKSTAGE PASS by Olivia Cunning
Raunchy, raucous, hot, sexy, dirty. Rock stars and red-hot sex. A new author this year, making a name for herself in the field. If you like erotic romance, you don't want to miss this.

LION'S HEAT by Lora Leigh
Jonas' story. Leigh's storytelling has always been her strongest selling point but I think this book ranks up there with DAWN'S AWAKENING as one of her best written books.


ROCK ME by Cherrie Lynn
Another new-to-me author but one who hooked me from the first page. This one has a virgin heroine and a tattooed bad ass hero and it all works.

TIME WEAVER by Shana Abe
I don't read historicals except for two exceptions. One is Abe. Her writing is lyrical and complex and so beautiful it's breathtaking.

PACK CHALLENGE
GO FETCH by Shelly Laurenston

And one more new-to-me author. These two books are laugh-out-loud funny if you love raunchy, sarcastic humor. Obviously, I do because I've got HERE KITTY, KITTY on my Nook ready to read tonight.

LOVE'S FORTRESS by Samantha Kane
My second historical author. Male/male/female romances so scorching, your fingers burn when you're reading her books.

Okay, readers, what were favorites? Do we have any of the same?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Here Kitty Kitty is my favorite from Laurenston. Hope you enjoy

Olivia Cunning said...

Thanks for the shout out, Stephanie! I have GOT to read Rock Me. It sounds right up my alley. And I'm waiting very impatiently for What A Goddess Wants. GAH!

Stephanie Julian said...

I can't wait to read it tonight, Karen. I'll probably cheat and start later this afternoon.

Stephanie Julian said...

You're very welcome, Olivia, and thanks!