Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guest Blog: Star Light, Star Bright by Kate Willoughby

Please welcome fellow EC author Kate Willoughby!


Hey, Stephanie, thanks so much for inviting me to guest blog. I'm excited to escape my own blog for the day.
 
It’s human nature to wish for things. We do it when we blow out the candles on our birthday cakes. We do it when we see a falling star or the first star of the evening. We dream of befriending genies that live in lamps.
 
I took the concept of wishes and ran with it when I wrote my Be-Wished series of books for Ellora’s Cave. In All In, Mariah wanted to meet up again with the man that got away. Paige, the heroine from A Wolf at her Door, wished for a hot night with a wolf shifter, the kind she read about in books. And in the third story, Once Upon a Kiss, Livvy’s wish for a happy ending of her own…goes kaflooey. And because all their capers were due to the efforts of one crazy wish fairy named Davina, I gave Davina her own book, Just Winging It, which just so happens to be coming out today. What a coincidence! LOL
 
So, let’s pretend for a moment that we’re single young women, like the ones in my books, and you had a choice of any of their wishes. Would you wish…
 
A. To be reunited with a guy from your past?
 
B. To meet up with a sexy character from a book? (Describe him!) Personally, I have quite a few fictional heroes I wouldn’t mind spending time with.
 
C. To live out a fairy tale type scenario? Which fairy tale would it be? (And remember that tale would magically play out in your real life somehow.)
 
D. Or maybe Like Davina in Just Winging It, you’d like to find out that a man in your present secretly has the hots for you…
 
Answer in the comment section and you are entered to win the entire Be-Wished series—All In, A Wolf at Her Door, Once Upon A Kiss, and Just Winging It. The winner of the four e-books will be announced on Friday, December 16, 2011. Good luck, and I look forward to reading your answers!
 
 
 

2 comments:

Eva's Flowers said...

I think I would pick A. to be reunited with a guy from my past. I wish I could find out if there was anything there with a guy I dated once (he was the brother of a co-worker) I felt scared of being hurt, so much so that when he called afterwards, I didn't answer his calls, eventually he stopped, I should have given him a cance :(

Eva
evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

Kate Willoughby said...

Aww, Eva, that sounds like the perfect situation for the wish fairy to remedy. I have a guy in my past that I regret not going farther with, which is probably why I write those types of stories a lot. LOL