Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The screen door slams...

Mary's dress waves...

And Bruce Springsteen made my night when he played my favorite song,

My husband's been a rabid Bruce fan since the 70s. He proposed to "I Wanna Marry You." And I don't think I've ever seen him more happy than last week when we took our two boys to see The Boss in Hershey.

Three hours, 29 songs--including rarities Boom, Boom and Darlington County--and an 8-song, hour-long encore including Jungleland, Born to Run, Tenth Avenue Freezeout and Rosalita.

Bruce and the E Street Band don't need pyrotechnics or theatrics to make the night amazing. They just are. They never stop, they never falter and they are consummate musicians. What more can you say.

1 comment:

Adele Dubois said...

Wish I was there! *Sigh* The Boss is still amazing.

Best--Adele Dubois