Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I'm Dying to Read, See and Watch in 2010

An·tic·i·pa·tion
Pronunciation: \(ˌ)an-ˌti-sə-ˈpā-shən\

Function: noun
1 a : a prior action that takes into account or forestalls a later action b : the act of looking forward; especially : pleasurable expectation

Now that the holidays are over, we can all take a breath. But not for long because there are all sorts of things to look forward to in the new year.

BOOKS
At the top of my list of must-reads this year is JR Ward's LOVER MINE. John Michael and Xhex and a side helping of Blay and Quinn. Yum. Ward's world of Alpha vampires and the women they love is fully realized and always a sensual feast.





Lora Leigh's LION'S HEAT. Jonas Wyatt's story. Been waiting to see this Alpha fall for years. And any Leigh book is sure to be hot, hot, hot.





Also, Tara Janzen's Loose Ends is definitely on my must-buy list, as is Sherrilyn Kenyon's Infinity, Nick's story.

MOVIES

Sam Worthington.Nuff said.



Robert Downey Jr. I'm so there.

TV

LOST
Fascinating, frustrating, intelligent and mind-bending, it's one of the best-ever shows on TV. It's never been boring, it's often been infuriating and heartbreaking. I can't wait to see how the creators are going to wrap up this jaw-droppingly awesome series.


GLEE
It shouldn't work. It's a musical TV show that's sweet, snarky, sappy and occasionally corny. Despite that, it does work and it works well because it's all about character. Matthew Morrison is everyone's favorite teacher, and Lea Michele and Cory Monteith are TV's most adorable odd couple.

SUPERNATURAL
I love this show. Yes, the guys, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, are hot but the show unabashedly embraces it's B-movie roots. and that's not a bad thing. It's pure entertainment with amazing heart. Dean and Sam are brothers who actually care about each other though they never miss an opportunity to get in a dig or three. But, as the mother of two boys, I watch this show with my entire family and I see not just monsters and mythology but the hope that my sons take a lesson from the Winchester boys and face the world with their backs together.

So, what books, movies and TV shows are you looking forward to in 2010?

16 comments:

Mandi said...

Lover Mine...I'm so ready!

And Lost - I can't believe this is the last season...:( I heart Sawyer!!

I think I am the only one not watching Glee.

Anna said...

I have both Lover Mine and Lion's Heat on my list. I'm also looking forward to Glee too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Rachel and Finn - glee just makes a person happy.

Plus Lea Michele can SING!

Stephanie Julian said...

Mandi, you've got to at least try Glee! It's wonderful.

As for Lost, I've been a Matthew Fox fan since Party of Five. sigh.

Stephanie Julian said...

Anna, Leigh's also got a new Pleasures book out Tuesday. Will be the first full length book I buy for my Sony.

Stephanie Julian said...

Anonymous, I was lucky enough to see Lea Michele on Broadway in Spring Awakening. She's amazing. And Jonathan Groff will be guesting as well. Let's hear it for Broadway gleeks!

Carla said...

Mandi, I'm with you, both in I Heart Sawyer and haven't seen Glee. (Caught a few on Fox.com but there's no possible way the hubs and kids will let me watch in public. "Don't Stop Believing" came on the TV during the New Years fireworks and hub said, "I didn't think this song could get any worse than it originally was, but there it is." There's no accounting for taste.)

I'm looking forward to the new incarnation of Jenny Crusie. I loved her light, funny, sensitive stuff, but "Wild Ride" coming out in March will be a different animal altogether.

Also can't wait to see "The Office". I'm pretty sure watching Jim Halpert become a dad is going to make me cry. :)

Adele Dubois said...

My most anticipated television shows of the new season are "24", Burn Notice, Survivor, Project Runway, Medium, The Closer, V, Flash Forward, The Good Wife.

Thank goodness for TV On Demand. There's too little time to do all the things I love.

Cara Marsi said...

I can't wait to see "Lost" and
"24." I don't share your enthusiam for "Glee." I also love "Heroes" and I believe new shows start tomorrow. Other favorites are "Bones" and "Criminal Minds." I look forward to their new shows. Also to "V" and "Flash Forward." As for books, I have too many in my TBR pile to even think of buying anything new. I agree with Adele. Thank goodness for On Demand and shows online. There's not enough time in the day for all my TV viewing.

Judi Fennell said...

LOST and more trainwrecks from The Real Housewives - of any city/county. They're all a mess.

Stephanie Julian said...

Hey Carla, what's Jenny doing now?

Stephanie Julian said...

Adele, I love Burn Notice. And Leverage will be back too. Christian Kane, yum.

Stephanie Julian said...

My TBR pile is dwindling but my Sony ereader is waiting to be filled up.

Stephanie Julian said...

Judi, it's nice to know we have somewhat normal lives, isn't it? I think that's the appeal of those shows.

Kathy Kulig said...

I saw Sherlock with weekend (Good!) and the trailers to those movies you have listed. They looked good too. Don't get to watch tv much with my writing.

Tina Donahue said...

I liked the guy from Supernatural when he was on the Gilmore Girls - really miss that. Love your top graphic - 'on a moonlit night'. For TV, I'm looking forward to the Food Network competitions - for some reason I love them all. Movies? Don't know yet. Books - short answer, my own :) - long answer - too long to pub here. :)